Multi-Account Detector suddenly stopped working this July

Dec 17, 2022
Hi,

I have been running the multi-account detector addon and it has proven its value in the past year, but unfortunately it stopped recognizing accounts this summer, I know fingerprint has stopped but we were mainly using the evercookie method.

24-jul has been the last hit.

1702657386801.png

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Hello!

• What version of the add-on are you using?
  • Are there any errors in the control panel?
  • Do you remember what changed when the problems began? Perhaps you installed a new add-on or updated one of the installed ones?

Regards,

Dec 17, 2022
Hi @021 ,

excuse my delayed response, I am running v.1.7.2, there are no errors.
When the problems started I tried to disable all other add-ons for awhile but was unable to regain the functionality that multi-account detector was providing. The problems started in early 2023 (but unable to trace back if we installed an add-on or add-on update at that point), when immediate hits stopped showing up and from that moment on at irregular intervals it would suddenly show new hits in the past period, and then since 24-7-2023, no more hits at all.

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Hi @021 ,

excuse my delayed response, I am running v.1.7.2, there are no errors.
When the problems started I tried to disable all other add-ons for awhile but was unable to regain the functionality that multi-account detector was providing. The problems started in early 2023 (but unable to trace back if we installed an add-on or add-on update at that point), when immediate hits stopped showing up and from that moment on at irregular intervals it would suddenly show new hits in the past period, and then since 24-7-2023, no more hits at all.
It's possible that FingerprintJS Pro's trial period has ended and that's causing the problem. Remove the token from the FingerprintJS Pro token option or pay for FingerprintJS Pro if you plan to continue using it 🙂