Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
@021 is there a way to have the AI wait before it replies?

Also I can’t get the AI from always saying “as an AI language model” do you have any tips.
Hello,

Unfortunately, I do not provide assistance in creating prompts.
Try going to the ChatGPT website and experimenting there, this can help to make the right prompt.

Regards,

Mar 23, 2023
I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but if we add support for app.pinecone.io, we can enable ChatGPT to access the resource. Is this statement accurate and feasible?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023
GPT-4 models support for ChatGPT and GPT Dall-E both
You will be able to use this model only if you have been granted access to it.

Does this mean that Dall-E quality will be impacted by which model is selected?

I don't see anything in their API about different pricing for different models of image generation:

I sure would like to have access to the best model possible. The current model in the api (I believe the only one?) just isn't very good.

Mar 23, 2023
Will there be support for chatgpt add-ons in the future? Or the ability to create your own with an addon?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Will there be support for chatgpt add-ons in the future? Or the ability to create your own with an addon?
Hello,

I don't quite understand what add-ons you are talking about. Could you clarify please?

Kind regards,

Mar 23, 2023

May 17, 2023
I am using the AI Bots add-on with XenForo Cloud. Though using ChatGPT bots in my forum has the potential to be very useful (works great so far!), ideally I'd be able to reference my own subject-specific documents and integrate that info with ChatGPT to provide users with authoritative responses beyond what's in ChatGPT's training data.

@021: Would it be possible for me to use your add-on with something like LlamaIndex (as described here) to add this type of bot to my forum (perhaps it could reference a set of documents in Google Docs)? I'm not a programmer, and python is not currently part of my workflow, so it'd be great if I could achieve this functionality using just the add-on and XenForo Cloud admin control panel. Do you have any direction you might be able to provide on how I might go about this?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020

I will be able to answer your question when it become available to everyone.

I am using the AI Bots add-on with XenForo Cloud. Though using ChatGPT bots in my forum has the potential to be very useful (works great so far!), ideally I'd be able to reference my own subject-specific documents and integrate that info with ChatGPT to provide users with authoritative responses beyond what's in ChatGPT's training data.

@021: Would it be possible for me to use your add-on with something like LlamaIndex (as described here) to add this type of bot to my forum (perhaps it could reference a set of documents in Google Docs)? I'm not a programmer, and python is not currently part of my workflow, so it'd be great if I could achieve this functionality using just the add-on and XenForo Cloud admin control panel. Do you have any direction you might be able to provide on how I might go about this?
A bot is taught the necessary information in the prompt. The add-on allows you to customize the prompt for different contexts.

Reactions: EchoRomeo
Mar 6, 2023
can the prompt be used to customise responses to a named user(s)? respond to everyone, but be particularly sarcastic or whatever to a specific user?

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
A bot is taught the necessary information in the prompt. The add-on allows you to customize the prompt for different contexts.

Thanks @021, I appreciate this response! The add-on is extremely useful and I will do my best to maximize the ability to add context as part of prompt design. However, as you're aware, responses by gpt-3.5-turbo and gpt-4 are limited to 2021 and prior training data. This problem may be addressed somewhat by the web browser function that they added to gpt-4...with that enabled you could presumably mention specific recent websites in the prompt and the bot would pull information from those when responding. But I don't know if that capability is included in the API and I don't have access to that API feature yet anyway.

Bottom line, if it's possible for me to make this a "suggestion box" item for sometime in the future, that would be appreciated! It would be really awesome, for example, if I were able to reference the XenForo resources archive in my prompt and the bot could pull info from reference material that had been added to the site.

Thank you!

Jun 4, 2023
Hi,

I'm new to xenforo but does this addon give the ability to request a summary of a youtube video by passing in the generated captions?

There's lots of addons for chrome that do this, but would like it for xenforo so that every time someone posts a video in a certain forum it will generate a summary

Jun 4, 2023
also rather than a post would it be possible to use this addon to pass in a whole thread of many pages and ask it to summarise all of the posts?

something like

[chatgpt thread_id=487]

so it then passes to gdp all the posts in that thread with a prompt to summarise them all?

thanks

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Hello, @mArko

Unfortunately, both of the requested features you mentioned are not available in the add-on.

Regards,