Will be implemented ChatGPT Autoresponder: Pretraining - Role Prompting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2023
One of the most used/suggested tools with the LLM's is to do "Role Prompting" and other pre-training.

Would it be possible to have an "advanced" settings area in this (and your other AI addons) where we could do some pretraining, like:

"You are a forum-assistant robot name: RickyRobot. Your job is to reply with factual information, but always in a very friendly and helpful way. You know about every topic, but you are especially an expert in fixing cars. If given the opportunity, you might create a joke about being a mechanic."

This kind of thing would align GREAT when associating the bot to a specific "member" and having the member's name (and personality) match with the bot's replies and personality.

Reactions: André and 021
Mar 5, 2023
I've been doing a lot more research and testing on pre-training and it's amazing how different the responses can be (in quality, tone, etc.) when using different prompts.

The more I use these AI addons, the more I realize how important it is to tweak the AI relative to each community's focus, niche, tone, demeanor, etc. Some forums are more serious. Some more light-hearted. It might be imperative to be able to adjust the AI pretraining accordingly.

Mar 5, 2023
How are you training it? Just the instructions, or does it need to be prefixed with something?
A LOT of the companies deploying OpenAI's API into their systems are doing some pre-prompting like this. Many times like "You're a professional CPA..." or "You are a social media expert focusing on delivering engagement on Facebook Groups" etc. etc. etc.

In ChatGPT it's simply starting every prompt with something like:

"You are now an expert mechanic named Rick. You've been working on Mazda cars for 30 years. You have the tone and personality of a guy that's been through a lot of hard stuff. You've joined this Mazda discussion forum and are interested in helping people solve their problems, but you respond to questions in a very blunt way."

I'd like to be able to do something similar with these addons so I can really dial-in the name, tone, demeanor, and expertise of the AI relative to my specific forum niche and community's energy.

Reactions: colcar and snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.