Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
1.4.2 with the latest XenForo breaks two things:

• you can't now add new participants to the conversation
  • banning doesn't work

In both cases there is a JS error (see attachment)
I'm working on fixing this issue

Reactions: Richardo
Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 updated [BS] Multi-account detector with a new update entry:

New features
– New option: Display link to reports regardless of the open reports presence
– New option: Create a separate report if a new multi-account is detected
Let's imagine the situation: User Bobby already has a report on a multi-account, which contains his other account with the nickname George, and he logs into a new account with the nickname Henryk. If this option is enabled, a new report will be created for the Henryk account, which will list the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Richardo
Jun 5, 2022
The 1.5.0 doesn't seem to work. I created two new users and logged in/logged out multiple times. No reports were generated. I tried with both Evercookie and free FingerPrint. Fingerprint does generate reports from time to time (I have an active forum), but I am not sure they are correct. The IPs are different, and often one of the users specified in the report was not active for months.

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
The 1.5.0 doesn't seem to work. I created two new users and logged in/logged out multiple times. No reports were generated. I tried with both Evercookie and free FingerPrint. Fingerprint does generate reports from time to time (I have an active forum), but I am not sure they are correct. The IPs are different, and often one of the users specified in the report was not active for months.

Hello. Please check the work on the updated version.

Premium
Sep 5, 2020
We're getting several errors by this addon, latest version:

Any ideas?
Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [username] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:765
Generated by: CHAR0N Sep 16, 2022 at 7:40 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(643): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'username', 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(572): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('username', NULL)
#2 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(109): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('username', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(73): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setUser(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User))
#4 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(57): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setupDefaults()
#5 src/XF/Container.php(276): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1710): XF\Container->createObject('XF\\Service\\Thre...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('XF\\Service\\Thre...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#8 src/XF/App.php(3023): XF\Container->create('service', 'XF:Thread\\Creat...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Service/AbstractService.php(79): XF\App->service('XF:Thread\\Creat...', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#10 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Service/Thread/ReportDuplicate.php(49): XF\Service\AbstractService->service('XF:Thread\\Creat...', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#11 src/XF.php(625): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\ReportDuplicate->BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\{closure}()
#12 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Service/Thread/ReportDuplicate.php(70): XF::asVisitor(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#13 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php(103): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\ReportDuplicate->create()
#14 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Entity/MultiAccount.php(85): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Repository\MultiAccount->createThreadReport(Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\Entity\MultiAccount))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1272): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Entity\MultiAccount->_postSave()
#16 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php(85): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#17 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php(104): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Repository\MultiAccount->createMultiAccountReport(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionMadCheck(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Member', 'MadCheck', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#22 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#23 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#24 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#25 {main}

-------------

Previous InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary - src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php:138
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(761): XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->castValueToType(NULL, 5, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(643): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'username', 5, Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(572): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('username', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(109): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('username', NULL)
#4 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(73): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setUser(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User))
#5 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(57): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setupDefaults()
#6 src/XF/Container.php(276): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#7 src/XF/App.php(1710): XF\Container->createObject('XF\\Service\\Thre...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Container.php(234): XF\App->XF\{closure}('XF\\Service\\Thre...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#9 src/XF/App.php(3023): XF\Container->create('service', 'XF:Thread\\Creat...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Service/AbstractService.php(79): XF\App->service('XF:Thread\\Creat...', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#11 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Service/Thread/ReportDuplicate.php(49): XF\Service\AbstractService->service('XF:Thread\\Creat...', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Forum))
#12 src/XF.php(625): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\ReportDuplicate->BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\{closure}()
#13 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Service/Thread/ReportDuplicate.php(70): XF::asVisitor(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#14 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php(103): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Service\Thread\ReportDuplicate->create()
#15 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Entity/MultiAccount.php(85): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Repository\MultiAccount->createThreadReport(Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\Entity\MultiAccount))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1272): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Entity\MultiAccount->_postSave()
#17 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php(85): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#18 src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php(104): BS\MultiAccountDetector\Repository\MultiAccount->createMultiAccountReport(Object(MMO\ReputationSystem\XF\Entity\User))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionMadCheck(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Member', 'MadCheck', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\MultiAccountDetector\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#23 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#24 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#25 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#26 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/members/mad-check"
  ["referrer"] => string(18) "https://xxx.org/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/members/mad-check"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["fpJs"] => string(0) ""
    ["ec"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(32) "ffb72873b9bf0b780b550d6c35942081"
    }
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Premium
Sep 5, 2020
Also, I need custom support because we have many duplicated accounts but your addon isn't detecting them. The settings are the following:
1663548561962.png

The forum where the thread report should be created is empty, the addon hasn't created any threads and there are actually members with duplicated accounts but your addon seems not detecting them. Can you please send me a private message so I can send you the credentials?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Hello, @santa_claus

I'm currently working on a solution for this problem, the update will be released as soon as possible.
Workaround: Disable thread report duplicate.

Announcement for anyone experiencing a similar issue: don't worry, all multi-accounts are still being tracked and will be reported after the update, I'm working on it :cool:🤙

Premium
Sep 5, 2020
I'm currently working on a solution for this problem, the update will be released as soon as possible.
but a second problem I have is the fingerprint API is being called too many times, more than the number of logged in users so I think your addon is overloading the API. Is this something you may be aware of?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
but a second problem I have is the fingerprint API is being called too many times, more than the number of logged in users so I think your addon is overloading the API. Is this something you may be aware of?
This is normal, this is how it should work. The check is called once every 10 minutes per user when they visit the page. That is, one user per day can generate a maximum of 144 requests

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 updated [BS] Multi-account detector with a new update entry:

Changes
  • New option "Thread report duplicate creator".
    If you had problems with creating reports in a forum - fill in this option.
  • Now problems with creating a report in a forum will not affect the creation of regular reports
This update will create all reports that were not created due to an error creating a duplicate report in the section

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jun 22, 2020
After upgrading from the old version 1.4.0, I observe incorrect work of the included libraries.

Reproduction
Log in with USER2 in few minutes from this browser. Receive completely different ID (evercookie /fingerprint) in DB.
Setting did not change. Cookies was not deleted.
Browser is default (chrome/ff)
They should be same. For 5 minutes, ID of fingerprint did not change. Especially cookies 100% similar.

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
After upgrading from the old version 1.4.0, I observe incorrect work of the included libraries.

Reproduction
Log in with USER2 in few minutes from this browser. Receive completely different ID (evercookie /fingerprint) in DB.
Setting did not change. Cookies was not deleted.
Browser is default (chrome/ff)
They should be same. For 5 minutes, ID of fingerprint did not change. Especially cookies 100% similar.
Does multi-account detection work correctly?