Implemented All ChatGPT Addons: Support for GPT-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2023
I've seen a few posts about this, so I'm doing a more formal info / request.

PLEASE NOTE GPT-4 IS NOT AVAILABLE YET!!!

You can read all the release info here: https://openai.com/research/gpt-4

It clearly says you MUST get on their waitlist (which I did right when it became available).

"We are releasing GPT-4’s text input capability via ChatGPT and the API (with a waitlist). "

Their announcement gives good info about the API integration once a user is approved via waitlist:

"API
To get access to the GPT-4 API (which uses the same ChatCompletions API as gpt-3.5-turbo), please sign up for our waitlist. We will start inviting some developers today, and scale up gradually to balance capacity with demand. If you are a researcher studying the societal impact of AI or AI alignment issues, you can also apply for subsidized access via our Researcher Access Program.
Once you have access, you can make text-only requests to the gpt-4 model (image inputs are still in limited alpha), which we will automatically update to our recommended stable model as we make new versions over time (you can pin the current version by calling gpt-4-0314, which we’ll support until June 14). Pricing is $0.03 per 1k prompt tokens and $0.06 per 1k completion tokens. Default rate limits are 40k tokens per minute and 200 requests per minute."

Note that GPT-4 is MORE expensive than the current 3.5 Turbo option.

In creating this suggestion thread I'm hoping that once I'm approved for GPT-4 that I'll be able to toggle / enable this newer model.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Mar 5, 2023
It looks like you just got access to the beta version of the new add-on ;)
Yup! (the API at least since I'm not paying for ChatGPT Plus or whatever).

Too bad I don't have a way to test it yet. LOL!

... and honestly, the pricing on GPT-4 is MUCH higher than 3.5, so unless it provides functionality and/or answers that are exponentially better, it would be hard for me to justify the cost to make 4 available to my users (but I would love to test and use it myself)

Reactions: André
Status
Not open for further replies.