Real Time Threads

Real Time Threads 2.1.1

Upgrade No permission to download
Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 submitted a new resource:

[021] Real time threads - Provides processing of all actions in threads in real time.

Overview​

• Provides real-time messaging in threads.
  • Provides real-time display of reactions.
  • Provides real-time content updates when editing a post.
  • Provides deletion of posts / update of their content when their status changes in real time.
  • Adds an "Activity" block to the bottom of the post list that displays users who are typing a message in a thread.
View demo...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: thumped
Mar 7, 2023
I would like to suggest that we should have permissions in the user group to ensure privacy. Many people have chosen to be anonymous but show typing...

Reactions: colcar and 021
May 8, 2023
for me not working

InvalidArgumentException: Container key 'pusher' was not found in src/XF/Container.php at line 46
  1. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 3454
  2. XF\App->container() in src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php at line 50
  3. BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::broadcast() in src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php at line 37
  4. BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::event() in src/addons/BS/RealTimeThreads/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 19
  5. BS\RealTimeThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionTyping() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2483
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  11. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
for me not working

InvalidArgumentException: Container key 'pusher' was not found in src/XF/Container.php at line 46
  1. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 3454
  2. XF\App->container() in src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php at line 50
  3. BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::broadcast() in src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php at line 37
  4. BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::event() in src/addons/BS/RealTimeThreads/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 19
  5. BS\RealTimeThreads\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionTyping() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2483
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  11. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Because you haven't set up a Websocket server.

Reactions: mobilewo
Mar 7, 2023
I believe we should configure the system to generate an error log within the ACP if an issue arises, rather than displaying errors directly to the user. Can we implement this feature?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
I believe we should configure the system to generate an error log within the ACP if an issue arises, rather than displaying errors directly to the user. Can we implement this feature?
Why? This error does not occur when you have a websocket server configured

Mar 7, 2023
The goal is that the error should not appear for normal users to see.

Example: Many people run web sockets on other servers. and that server is down for example.

Reactions: 021
Mar 7, 2023
I would like to suggest that we should have permissions in the user group to ensure privacy. Many people have chosen to be anonymous but show typing...
On my forum I have one node where users can choose to post Anonymously but the "Activity" block gives the name of the person posting.

I would love to have an option to 'turn off' the Activity block for specific nodes.

Other than that I'd like to say thanks to @021 for yet another great addon (y)

Mar 7, 2023
In the meantime, if anyone needs to stop the Activity block from displaying on a specific node then add this code to your extra.less (be sure to replace the node number with whatever your node number is)

CSS:
[data-container-key="node-89"] .block--typers
{
        display: none !important;
}

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Oh ok. I need to do some troubleshooting because real time alerts and chat is working but the threads are not.
Try checking against the default style. What version of XenForo do you have installed?

Mar 7, 2023
With this addon, is the list of the threads on forum view supposed to update automatically too?

Sep 2, 2022
With the recent update of the web-socket add-on, I can now disable web-socket for Guest users.
But the file /js/bs/real_time_threads/thread.min.js is still loaded for guests.

Reactions: 021
Jun 26, 2023
I have issue getting real time threads specifically working but real time chat is working fine strangely enough,
When I am testing posting a post in a thread I am getting the following :
Code:
BS\XFWebSockets\Exception\BroadcastException: Pusher error: cURL error 7: (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html). src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php:71

#0 src/addons/BS/XFWebSockets/Broadcast.php(37): BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::broadcast(Array, 'NewPost', Array)
#1 src/addons/BS/RealTimeThreads/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(29): BS\XFWebSockets\Broadcast::event('BS\\RealTimeThre...', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Post), Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\Post), '_xfUid-1-168880...')
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(459): BS\RealTimeThreads\XF\Service\Thread\Replier->sendNotifications()
#3 src/addons/StylesFactory/SFCoreExtended/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(22): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->finalizeThreadReply(Object(BS\RealTimeThreads\XF\Service\Thread\Replier))
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(618): StylesFactory\SFCoreExtended\Pub\Controller\Thread->finalizeThreadReply(Object(BS\RealTimeThreads\XF\Service\Thread\Replier))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/threads/test.1/add-reply"
  ["referrer"] => string(42) "https://forum.test.tld/threads/test.1/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/test_1/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["message"] => string(23) "dfdfdssdsdddfdfdfdfddfd"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "hash"
    ["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(83) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":1},"hash":"hash"}"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1688804442"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1688805052"
    ["load_extra"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/threads/test.1/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Soketi is self-hosted on the same server as php and nginx.