Sep 2, 2022
For temperature, higher values like 0.8 will make the output more random, while lower values like 0.2 will make it more focused and deterministic.
So the possible values are:
0.1 to 1?

0.1 being the lowest possible value, and 1 being the maximum possible value?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 updated [021] ChatGPT Quick Reply Bot with a new update entry:

Now you can fully communicate with the bot using quotes!

He fully holds the context of the topic and answers clarifying questions. Supports multiple quotes in one post.
A bug was also fixed due to which users did not receive notifications about the bot's response to their message.

* This update requires the installed version of add-on [021] ChatGPT Bots 1.1.0+

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for your update. One suggestion with the language field. Is it not better to use the xenforo language select form instead of a free input form? Or maybe a hint in which form the language should be inserted. E.G. form the documentation "The language of the input audio. Supplying the input language in ISO-639-1 format will improve accuracy and latency."

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for your update. One suggestion with the language field. Is it not better to use the xenforo language select form instead of a free input form? Or maybe a hint in which form the language should be inserted. E.G. form the documentation "The language of the input audio. Supplying the input language in ISO-639-1 format will improve accuracy and latency."
The XenForo language selection form will be limited to the installed languages. The input field is not limited, which allows you to specify a dialect as well, so that the bot speaks British English or American English. ChatGPT allows you to not limit your wording, so you can write the name of the language in any form you wish ;)

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
My fault, i mean the language_code thats implemented in XF as a Class.

E.g.: src/XF/Data/Language.php => Language::getLanguageCodes()
As I mentioned, the current implementation still gives a lot of freedom of action :)

Reactions: McAtze
Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Note about the error "ChatGPT Quick Reply Bot error: Empty reply"

There is currently a known bug in the add-on where the bot may not respond to messages or respond with "Sorry I couldn't contact the ChatGPT think tank".
This can happen when too much context is loaded into the bot, so try to limit the number of posts in topics where the bot can reply. This issue will be fixed by scheduled update 1.2.0, which will be released on Tuesday.

Thank you for your patience ❤️

Reactions: easiii and McAtze
Mar 5, 2023
To piggy-back on @androidx feedback here.

I'd LOVE to see a version of this addon, or a similar addon, that allows users to choose if/when they want to have the bot interact with them. I think this will be the best way to have forums still feel "personal" by giving the members all the control of if/when a bot responds.

A few ideas:

1) When creating a thread, there could be an option for: "Do you want our bot to try and automatically answer your question?". If "yes" is selected, then the bot will reply after their first post.
2) If the bot is tagged at any point in a thread, like "@botname", then the bot activates, reads the current and last x posts, and creates a reply... for example, the original poster might say "hey @robot, do you have any ideas or suggestions on this?" and then the robot would see the tag, read the thread, and reply.

Again, giving the USERS the option of if/when a bot is (or isn't) part of the conversation.

Mar 5, 2023
To piggy-back on @androidx feedback here.

I'd LOVE to see a version of this addon, or a similar addon, that allows users to choose if/when they want to have the bot interact with them. I think this will be the best way to have forums still feel "personal" by giving the members all the control of if/when a bot responds.

A few ideas:

1) When creating a thread, there could be an option for: "Do you want our bot to try and automatically answer your question?". If "yes" is selected, then the bot will reply after their first post.
2) If the bot is tagged at any point in a thread, like "@botname", then the bot activates, reads the current and last x posts, and creates a reply... for example, the original poster might say "hey @robot, do you have any ideas or suggestions on this?" and then the robot would see the tag, read the thread, and reply.

Again, giving the USERS the option of if/when a bot is (or isn't) part of the conversation.
Thanks for this, because I was going to go ahead and purchase this addon, but your post made me realize that it too does not do what I want. I don't want users to get an auto response to every single thread they create. I want users to be able to manually submit a question and get all their answers from a user account that I designate. I've already got a special user group and user name (HAL 9000) created for this purpose, now just need an addon that allows me to use it. :LOL:

Mar 3, 2023
Thanks for this, because I was going to go ahead and purchase this addon, but your post made me realize that it too does not do what I want. I don't want users to get an auto response to every single thread they create. I want users to be able to manually submit a question and get all their answers from a user account that I designate. I've already got a special user group and user name (HAL 9000) created for this purpose, now just need an addon that allows me to use it. :LOL:
It appears to me that you can do this but you have to limit the bot to a "AI" forum of sorts. Until more fine grained options are added. One option might be to "turn on" bot responses or something like that from within account settings if the developer adds that. I too have not yet gone all the way with my purchase and am contemplating if it would do more help or harm to have a bot responding to things.

Mar 5, 2023
am contemplating if it would do more help or harm to have a bot responding to things.
Yup, I'm right there with you. I think the best way to reduce the level/severity of risk to the community's perception is to put the "power" and option to use (or not use) the bot completely in their control.

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 updated [021] ChatGPT Autoresponder with a new update entry:

This version requires the installed add-on [021] ChatGPT Framework 1.2.0+

Added the "Max responses per thread" option, which will allow you to limit the number of bot responses in one topic.
Values for "Temperature" option are limited to values from 0 to 1 with 0.1 step.
The bot's context is limited to the last 10 posts before the post it is replying to. This is done to avoid the token limit in long threads.
Now the error logs will contains a response from OpenAI, which will allow...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mar 8, 2023
Hi 021. A thing I havent understand about the addon. It works only automatically or also manually as shown in the video?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
Hi 021. A thing I havent understand about the addon. It works only automatically or also manually as shown in the video?
Hello, a bot automatically replies to threads in certain sections, but it also replies to quotes after that, which allows you to clarify its answer)

Reactions: Alfred and ProWeb
Mar 9, 2023
Hello, a bot automatically replies to threads in certain sections, but it also replies to quotes after that, which allows you to clarify its answer)

Can you not have it respond automatically and just do it manually like in the demo video? I don't want the bot to reply immediately to posts so I'd like to control when it does.

Mar 5, 2023
Can you not have it respond automatically and just do it manually like in the demo video? I don't want the bot to reply immediately to posts so I'd like to control when it does.
I think what you may want is what is mentioned here:

That's why this feature didn't release on Tuesday as promised) It will be implemented as a separate add-on, as it goes beyond the original intent of the [021] ChatGPT Autoresponder. I do not want to make a harvester that will cause inconvenience to my customers)

Basically the bot will only reply when it is requested to do so.