Mar 6, 2023
As an idea, the "prefix" feature can be added. So its possible to add something like: "Generated with AI" before the generated text.
I have achieved something similar by this by adding text above the reply using an ads position above message content:

Uses a conditional to restrict it to bot replies

Code:
<xf:if is="$post.user_id == 9092">
    <span style="color:red;font-size:11px"> [This message has been generated by an AI language model. The information may or may not be correct.]</span>
</xf:if>

Also add a signature for the bot

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas
Mar 6, 2023
I'm right there with you. I think the best way to reduce the level/severity of risk to the community's perception is to put the "power" and option to use (or not use) the bot completely in their control.
I have tried many ways to do this. One big problem is that users invariably don't look at fields below the text when creating a post - so if the default is yes the some (who don't want a bot answer) get annnoyed by a bot answer they didn't want but if the default is "no" then others are annoyed because they didn't get an answer.

For me this isn a bit of a showstopper because members are getting frustrated and blaming the whole concept for not working intuitively.

One solution might be to default to no section and make a section required. Otherwise a (probably better) solution is to make the bot respond to a mention. This is more like a real life situation where you want a specific expert member to answer something.

Reactions: ProWeb
Mar 5, 2023
Otherwise a (probably better) solution is to make the bot respond to a mention. This is more like a real life situation where you want a specific expert member to answer something.
Yup, I think the only implementation I'm comfortable with (at least right now) is having the bot ONLY reply to mentions or replies. I feel like both of those situations, the user knows what they are getting into. Also having a CLEAR disclaimer in the Bot's signature.

Reactions: tajhay
Mar 5, 2023
There is a problem with signatures if off for mobiles, that’s why I use the text above message
That's an XF setting/issue, not the addon, right? Like turning off the signatures on mobile devices?

That's a good point. I'm hoping the robot avatar and robot name will also help.

The text notice is clever solution too.

Reactions: 021
Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
021 updated [021] ChatGPT Autoresponder with a new update entry:

New option: Reply on thread author quotes only – If enabled, the bot will only respond to messages from an author of a thread containing a quote of a bot's message.
New permission: Max replies per thread – Allows limiting the number of available replies in a thread for specific user groups. The permission is also available in node permissions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jun 22, 2020
Suggestion.
To add BB code formatting by default, not only markdown-style. With disabled option Convert Markdown-style content to BB code code won't convert into BB code.
Now chatgpt writes it such way
Code:
```
#include....
```
Rewrite it to:
Code:
#include....

Jul 9, 2020
I'm getting this error when trying to install the add-on

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/nfsroot/www/MYFORUM/public_html/src/addons/BS/ChatGPTQuickReplyBot/_data/code_event_listeners.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/share/www/:/var/nfsroot/www/:/usr/share/pear/:/tmp/:/dev/zero:/dev/shm/GeoIP/:/usr/local/share/GeoIP/) in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 48

XF::handlePhpError()
file_exists() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 48
XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->openTypeFile() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 95
XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
I'm getting this error when trying to install the add-on

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/nfsroot/www/MYFORUM/public_html/src/addons/BS/ChatGPTQuickReplyBot/_data/code_event_listeners.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/share/www/:/var/nfsroot/www/:/usr/share/pear/:/tmp/:/dev/zero:/dev/shm/GeoIP/:/usr/local/share/GeoIP/) in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 48

XF::handlePhpError()
file_exists() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 48
XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->openTypeFile() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 95
XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Hello,

An error not related to the add-on, apparently the directory permissions are incorrectly configured on your server. I recommend contacting XenForo support for further advice.

Best regards,

Mar 3, 2023
For me something strange happened recently, and ChatGPT Autoresponder appears to have queried the API many many times in one day. There was also an error and I hit the $20 hard limit in 1 day when previous there was almost no utilization. What could cause this?

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020
For me something strange happened recently, and ChatGPT Autoresponder appears to have queried the API many many times in one day. There was also an error and I hit the $20 hard limit in 1 day when previous there was almost no utilization. What could cause this?
Hello,

Do you have any errors in the control panel?

Please send me a screenshot of usage statistics from this page:
Select the day on which this situation happened and open the usage data by day.

Premium
Developer
Jun 11, 2020

Check out the bot's posts. Nothing much going on as well...

How is this type of utilization possible? If you look and see the bot was only used once that day on the forum.
Please open the blocks that contain information on requests (what you have on the last screenshot) and send me a screenshot.
Is there a possibility that someone has access to your API key?

Mar 3, 2023
Please open the blocks that contain information on requests (what you have on the last screenshot) and send me a screenshot.
It doesn't seem likely, but in the absence of anything else going on it seems like the only possibility.

Mar 3, 2023
OpenAI support seems to be non-existent.

Jul 6, 2023
Hello @021,

I have 2 questions about this addon:
  • Is it possible to provide a prompt that gives some basic information to GPT?
  • Is it possible to write "message automatically generated by ChatGPT" at the beginning of the message?